C# Smorgasbord Sale!

Posted by Filip Ekberg on November 20 2012 8 Comments

C# Smorgasbord has been out for 3 months and has already gotten a lot of positive feedback and great reviews(See below)!

To thank you all for your support, I’m giving away a discount code for 35% discount on C# Smorgasbord!

This offer is for a limited time only, the discount will be available from November 20, 2012 to December 31, 2012!

The discount code works only on CreateSpace; this is where the book is printed. CreateSpace is a DBA of On-Demand Publishing LLC, part of the Amazon group of companies. Buy yourself, your spouse or your kids an early Christmas present!

Discount code: N9UV3WDP

Buy now!

Note that the Discount Code only works on CreateSpace!

The printed copy includes access to the ebook bundle; so you don’t need to wait for the printed copy to arrive. After you’ve purchased the book just fill out the form on the book’s website! CreateSpace ships globally and their shipment times are in most cases a lot shorter than what it says in their website.

Want to know more about C# Smorgasbord?

Want to peek inside? Sample available!

There’s a “Look Inside” available on Amazon!

About the book

Looking at everything from testing strategies to compilation as a service and how to do really advanced things in runtime; you get a great sense of what you as a developer can do. By taking his personal views and his personal experience, Filip digs into each subject with a personal touch and by having real world problems at hand, we can look at how these problems could be tackled.

No matter if you are an experienced .NET developer, or a beginner, you will most certainly find a lot of interesting things in this book. The book covers important patterns and technologies that any developer would benefit from mastering.

Table of Contents

• Introduction to Parallel Extensions
  • Productivity and Quality with Unit Testing
  • Is upgrading your code a productive step?
  • Creating a challenge out of the trivial tasks
  • Asynchronous programming with async and await
  • Dynamic programming
  • Increase readability with anonymous types and methods
  • Exploring Reflection
  • Creating things at runtime
  • Introducing Roslyn
  • Adapting to Inversion of Control
  • Are you Mocking me?

Want only digital versions?

If you don’t want to get the printed version you can get the ebook bundle on the book website or the Kindle version on Amazon.

Enjoy the read and spread the word!

Update 2012-12-02

I am extending the offer the rest of 2012! Enjoy the holidays!

Vote on HN

8 Responses to C# Smorgasbord Sale!

1. PetraNo Gravatar says:

Great! Looking forward to reading it, but I wonder how I get the e-book bundle once I´ve ordered the book from CreateSpace? I can´t find a download anywhere on CreateSpace or confirmation mail..?

2. Filip EkbergNo Gravatar says:

Hi Petra,

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the read.

As for the ebook bundle, you can request it at the book’s website: http://books.filipekberg.se/Ebook. Just enter your Name, E-mail and Address used when ordering from CreateSpace and then you’ll get an e-mail requestin your order/purchase confirmation, just forward the mail sent from CreateSpace.

Let me know if you’re having any problems with it!

3. PetraNo Gravatar says:

Great! No problems, just missed that page when searching for info about downloading e-book bundle :)

4. Simon HawkinNo Gravatar says:

Hi, Filip,

I am looking forward to reading the book! In the meantime, the instructions for getting the electronic version of the book are really confusing. It took me quite some time to figure it out, and I can see I am not alone. Would you please consider editing the blog posts (announcing the book) with this in mind?

Thank you!

5. Filip EkbergNo Gravatar says:

Hi Simon,

Thank you, I hope you will enjoy the read! And thank you for the feedback. I’ve updated the post which hopefully makes it easier for everyone. Sorry for the confusion!

6. Pingback: How do I choose where I want the new start screen in Windows 8?

7. Pankaj NikamNo Gravatar says:

Any availability of the book in India? I would love to read your book. I am also a developer and love to keep myself updated.

8. Filip EkbergNo Gravatar says:

Hi Pankaj,

CreateSpace ships to India and you can also get it on Kindle which is available in India. If that doesn’t work, let me know and we’ll work something out!