Posted by Filip Ekberg on January 8 2013 1 Comment
Saying that a lot happened in 2012 is probably an understatement. At least both on this blog and in my personal life, a bunch of amazing things have happened. I really hope that your previous year was good and let’s hope for an even better 2013. To start this year off I want to summarize all the great posts that were shared on this blog in 2012.
Personally the two biggest achievements of last year was me getting engaged to my lovely Sofie and publishing my book C# Smorgasbord. As you might have seen already this year has already started very good as I have been awarded Microsoft MVP in Visual C#!
Let me know what you found most interesting on this blog from the collection of posts below! Here is the 2012 summary!
- Do you use a decent testing strategy?
- Introducing the ASP.NET Web API
- Getting started with a Mocking Framework
Tips & Tricks
- Use LINQPad for more than LINQ
- Running SignalR on Mono
- What’s the difference between doing this and that in C#?
- Avoid shooting yourself in the foot with Tasks and Async
- Things in C# you might have missed
- Introduction to SignalR – Creating a Cross-Platform game
- Dealing with Code Complexity
- Dependency cycles & Spaghetti code
- Demystify Spaghetti Code
Software & Tool information
- Visual Studio 11 Beta
- Roslyn CTP v2 Released
- Roslyn CTP 3 released — breaking changes
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 RC Released!
- Visual Studio 2012 is now released to the public<
- NDepend v4 has finally arrived
- ASP.NET MVC, Web API & Web Pages released as open source on CodePlex
- Creating a NuGet Package
- Know your tools
Windows 8, Windows RT, WinRT and Surface
- Creating a Windows Metro style application in C++
- Creating a Windows 8 Store Game with MonoGame (XAML) and SignalR
- How do I choose where I want the new start screen in Windows 8?
- Microsoft delivers at BUILD 2012
- 10 questions about Surface
- Creating a Direct2D game for WinRT
C# Smorgasbord and Self-publishing
- C# Smorgasbord
- C# Smorgasbord will soon be available!
- Video trailer for A C# Smorgasbord
- Self-publishing a book – Part 1 – Where it all began
- Self-publishing a book – Part 2 – Back at Square One
- Self-publishing a book – Part 3 – Using a good typesetting system
- The winner(s) are….
- Win a copy of C# Smorgasbord!
- What is your prefered size on a programming book?
- C# Smorgasbord Sale!
- Questions for a Software Engineer
- Do you deliver high quality?
- Joining new projects
- Being productive
- Let’s write better software
- Organize your thoughts
- Do you care about web security?
- Would you attend my online training?
- Don’t miss me coding on stage for 2 days at Webbdagarna!
I hope you found this collection of posts useful and that you’ve learnt a lot in 2012! Enjoy 2013 and let me know what you think of the posts! Before we take part for this time, I want to share with you an image that describes the feeling I got when I held the first printed copy of C# Smorgasbord: